For Town of Apex Mayor
Living and serving in my hometown, Apex, has provided me with endless opportunities to implement problem based solutions through building solid community relationships. Today we are challenged to ensure the Apex of tomorrow is even better than the Apex of today. I believe we can enhance the quality of life for our fellow Apex citizens with compassion while focusing on community and commerce. With these three pillars, we can build a bridge to a bright future. It starts with a conversation. Conversations lead to trusting relationships and effective problem solving. On April 9, 2019, I officially retired at the rank of Captain with the Apex Police Department. My passion to serve has not ended, it’s time to move to a new assignment. I am ready to give more of my time for you and your family. I have enjoyed my assignment with the mission of protect and serve, now I’m asking you to elect me to serve as your next mayor. I’m eager to hear from you. Contact me today.
It’s time to connect the community. Let’s build bridges.
Apex native with a strong history of leadership, community service, and accomplishments.
- Wife – Meshara , Daughter – Kalabria, Son – Logan
- Town of Apex Employee- 29 years of Police Service – Retired at the rank of Captain Apex Police Department, April 2019
- FBI National Academy Graduate 220th Session
- President Barack Obama Champion of Change Award presented at the White House – September, 2015
- State of NC “The Order of the Long Leaf Pine” award – Governor Roy Cooper – 2018
- Creator of Apex Police Department “Christmas with a Cop” program
- Co creator of Apex Police Department “Apex Night Out”
- Community Bridge Builder Award – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints – 2017
- Log Pond Historical Society Man of the Year – 2017
- NC Automotive Dealers Association & Fox 50 “Hometown Heroes” Award – 2017
- Town of Apex Citizen of the Year – Apex Chamber of Commerce -2016
- Town of Apex Community Service Award – Apex Chamber of Commerce – 2015
- White Oak Foundation Community Legacy Award – 2016
- Think Apex Community Service Award Nominee – 2018
- Visionary – Rogers Family Skate Plaza – opened August, 2015
- American Legion Law Enforcement Certificate of Commendation – June, 2018
- Youth Basketball Head Coach – Apex Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources (18 years)
- Tar Heel of the Week – News & Observer- Nov, 2017
- MADD Officer of the Year – Governors Highway Safety Program -1994
- Apex Police Department Meritorious Service Award – 2011, 2017
- School Resource Officer – Apex High School 1998-2004
- Chamber of Commerce President’s Award – 2002
- Apex Police Department Officer of the Year – 2007
- Founder of 3D Women’s Self Defense System- trained to date over 3200 people
- Founder and President of Blue Lights College -2016 – present
- Attends and serves as safety director at Calvary Chapel Cary Church-Apex NC
- Board member Apex Public School Foundation – 2018 – present
- Board member ShieldNC – 2017 – present
“So what’s the plan?”
In the days to come, I will be lending my ear to as many citizens as possible to help me establish the greatest plan possible for the future of Apex. I want to hear from you too.
Message from Jacques
Almost 50 years ago, my parents gave me an opportunity to thrive in my birth place, Apex NC.Their sacrifice and stewardship helped to establish a solid foundation to begin my journey of committed community service – in that I’m grateful.
Today we are challenged with making sure the Apex of tomorrow is even better than the Apex of today. Quality of life concerns related to town growth, economic development, and family resources are priority in this mission. Many of you have priority concerns such as whether to build another house, cut down another tree, or strengthen our economic opportunities through building more – you are heard. We all have a role in our community to enhance quality living through awareness, education, recreation, cultural resources, efficiency, affordability, and convenience. I can assure this because I have led problem solving initiatives with proven success through building relationships with many citizens and community leaders.
What’s Next? It’s time we define what we want our town to be in years to come. It starts with me listening to you. My plan begins with your contribution of concerns, ideas, and innovation. It starts with building bridges. Bridges that connect us and cultivate trusting relationships. With compassion, focusing on community, and implementing commerce. With those three pillars, we can build a bridge to a bright future. There is no solid plan without collaboration from diverse community members, therefore we must bring everyone to the table. I am confident that building relationships is what will make us better and make things happen. Trust me, I know, I have done it all of my life here in Apex. That same trust allowed me to lead others and make positive impact as a Town of Apex employee for 29 years. This assignment placed me in a clear view to see first-hand, critical issues of our town that impacts quality of life for families. This continues to move me with compassion. My service will always be about people.